After a certain age, one might feel like they want to settle down and live the rest of their life peacefully and comfortably, after supporting their families for the longest of time.
A research study done in Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario, and the University of Rochester in New York, showed that the physical and mental health of more than 7,000 American adults ranging from 20 to 75 for 14 years, found that those who felt they had a purpose or direction in life outlived those who did not.
Moreover, it is essential to have a purpose in life even after you have retired and should treat yourself accordingly. Hence, moving to a second home is a very beneficial option.
Below are the five major factors that you need to keep in mind while buying a second home in Delhi.
1) Safety and security – The most important thing that one should keep in mind while buying flats in Delhi NCR is safety and security. Elderly homes that are there should make it a point that there are no break-ins, have excellent security staff, have installed CCTV camera and have round-the-clock surveillance.
2) Location – Location plays a key role when you are looking for second homes or senior living. If you intend to buy property in Gurgaon or Delhi NCR, then you would want to go somewhere where the markets, malls, and many other things at equidistant. Also, make sure you don’t settle for anything, take your time, go on-site visits and see what suits you the best.
3) Maintaining an active and healthy life – everything kept aside, maintaining an active and healthy living should be a point of paramount for everyone. Both these things are inter-dependable. So make sure that basic facilities like a park, a library, a ground, and many more thing are there.
For instance, Ashiana Housing is one such real estate company that has been on top of their game when it comes to providing the best services in all their projects and services. They have facilities like swimming pool which consists of Aqua therapy, sitting arrangement according to patient’s of arthritis, slabs in water for hands and legs exercises and not only that they also have a big reading lounge and how that stands out is they have no doors which therefore increase interaction and motivate conversations and the library consists of books that are related to spirituality, health and knowledge. Etc.
They also have a Multipurpose Hall where regular yoga and laughter sessions and doctor sessions are held in addition to that there a party held for all the seniors! And the list doesn’t end here they also have hobby Room/Music room/Art room where activities related to brain exercises are conducted.
When it comes to Dining facilities, Ashiana has home cooked meals and not to make it monotonous they have different menus everyday. The food that is served can be customised according the health needs of the adults.
Ashiana also believes in the philosophy of eating together, hence all the three meals are taken in the common hall which creates a happy and fun environment everytime they eat!
They have property in Bhiwadi ready to move, which is also available, amongst many other properties.
4) Stress-free living – This is the time you prioritize yourself and treat yourself with all the amenities and comfort you deserved all along. In senior living houses, you get facilities like electricians, plumbers, and repairers that are just one call away. Regular maintenance of infrastructure and cleanliness of rooms is also there, and a helping team that caters to all of your concerns is a bonus. Senior living houses also have lifts so that is becomes easier for the adults to go from one place to another and they can also sit while waiting for the lift to come.
5) Age-friendly design – Senior living homes make sure that the whole architecture and interior is designed in a way that suits the elderly. For examples, they have anti-skid tiles across the apartment floor, and you can move to the hallway and run your hands along chamfered wall edges designed to prevent any injury.
Then comes the bedroom, they are very easy to reach, have colored light switches and night switches that swiftly bring forth the safety of light. Last but not the least, Emergency response system at three locations in the unit, upon activation, will alert the security immediately to come to your aid. Hence, if you would look at property rates in Gurgaon or Delhi NCR, they are very reasonable.