There are days when you feel like, you’re on top of the world. And then there are days, when you feel grumpy and plagued by that inexplicably terrible mood. We’ve all passed through that phase of the so-call ‘mood-swings’ especially in our corporate life. But, in this mix of highs and lows, the only thing that comforts us is -GOOD Food! It’s a relationship that we all share, that leads us to a happier state of mind.
Talking of food and our timeless love for it, we all have that one go-to dish that is not only a hedonistic blend of flavors but also elevates our mood and adds to the celebration. Below are our five favorites that one can relish irrespective of mood, weather, day or simply for no apparent reason. Don’t forget to read the last part, because there is, where the surprise awaits.
1) Pizza – You can never go wrong with Pizza? Just the thought of it stimulates the senses and makes everyone hungry. With so many toppings, ingredients and layers of bubbling hot cheese, there’s always a pizza to slice up your life. Save this treat for a project well executed, a long pending celebration or just to illuminate a dull evening.
2) Samosa and Chai – A tea break accompanied by a spicy, hot Samosa can be of delight for many in the team. For those who are firm believers of this awesome twosome, they’d relish this treat, at the office cafeteria or at a roadside joint. Undoubtedly, a match made in heaven that has not lost its passion after all these years. Romance this treat during rains and let the nostalgia hit in at the right time.
3) Gulab Jamun – Got a sweet tooth? Then there is no reason not to immerse yourself in this soft, spongy, melts in your mouth, sugary treat. An instant mood-lifter, Gulab Jamun is the perfect dessert to relish in your own unique way. Birthday treat or achieved a new feat, celebrate with one of the most exceptional sweet dish everyone in the office will cherish.
4) Cakes – A cake is your go-to for every celebration. Birthday, anniversary or cracked a great deal, you name it and it’s there, ready to ignite your taste buds with different flavors and beautiful shapes. Simply put, no celebration is complete if the cake has not been smeared all over the face of the host. Fun isn’t it? What are you waiting for then, push out to a cafe now and binge on to this mouth-watering dessert. Don’t forget to order an extra one to delight your fellow buddies in the office and at home. Some light music, a cup of coffee and cake will only add to the vibe.
5) Pakoras – Just reading the word creates a warm, fuzzy feeling in our hearts. Immediately makes you nostalgic and homesick. Originated from the Indian subcontinent, Pakora is one of the best-fried snacks, one can find on the culinary map. All of us have grown relishing this imperfect, rustic and spicy mix of things. Crunchy on the outside, soft inside, Pakora never disappoints on a wintery evening. If you crave for these indigenous deep-fried delights, then order yourself this all-time snack and enjoy it with myriads of chutney.
We’ve saved the best for the last. The good news, you can now save money when you order for these and many other lip-smacking treats with Sodexo Meal Card. A digital meal benefit solution that allows you to eat out or order online from across 1,00,000+ joints spread in 1500 cities, avail exclusive deals and discounts on food and non-alcoholic beverages and save tax up to Rs. 12,000 per year. Now that the menu is set, and the surprise is out, stock your Instagram feed with great shots with amazing deals on Sodexo Meal Card.