Schedule WhatsApp Messages : WhatsApp has climbed the ranks of social networking platforms in recent years, it has garnered over 1.3 Billion users worldwide. This rise in popularity leads to many businesses looking at WhatsApp as a medium of business communication. What this means is that they wanted to provide services to their customers through WhatsApp due to the convenience it offers. This gave rise to WhatsApp business API, which is a software that enables two applications to communicate with each other. WhatsApp business API makes communication between businesses and consumers easier and also opens the door to new features. One of such features is scheduling messages, this feature allows businesses to pre-program messages to be sent at a later date/time.
Ways To Schedule WhatsApp Messages
WhatsApp has its own first-party solution for scheduling messages it’s called “Away Messages”. This feature is only available to business accounts on WhatsApp. To use this feature follow the following steps:
- Open the WhatsApp Business app.
- Go to > More options > Business tools > Away message.
- Turn on Send away message.
- Tap the message to edit and tap OK.
- Tap Schedule to schedule your away message. Choose from the following options:
- Always send: send at all times.
- Custom: send only at a specific time/s.
- Outside of business hours: send after business hours.
- Select the recipients of your away message. Choose from the following options:
- Everyone: send to anyone who messages you.
- Everyone not in the address book: sends messages only to not saved contacts/customers.
- Everyone except: send to all except certain customers.
- Only send to: send only to selected contacts.
- Tap SAVE.
After these steps, you can start using WhatsApp’s “Away Messages” feature.
- SKEDit app:
The SKEDit app is another means of sending schedule messages on Android and iPhone. This app is a third-party solution to sending scheduled messages apart from WhatsApps own solution. To use this application go through the following steps:
1. Install the SKEDit app from the Google play store.
2. Open and then Signup.
3. Once signed in, click WhatsApp from the app menu.
4. Grant the necessary permission by the following way, Go to phone settings and Enable Accessibility > SKEDit > Toggle on Service > Grant Allow.
5. To start sending scheduled messages enter necessary details like recipient name, enter message details and schedule a date and time. Messages can be sent at different intervals i.e. daily, weekly and monthly.
6. You are free to change your decisions anytime you want with features like “Ask me before sending”.
This method of scheduling messages is applicable on Android devices, to do the same on iPhone follow the following method:
Scheduling Messages On iPhone
- Shortcuts app:
- Install the Shortcuts app from the App Store.
- Open the app and click on the Automation button that is situated at the bottom.
- Select the + icon and then click “create personal automation”.
- After creating personal automation, fill in the necessary information and message as per your requirements
- After filling in the necessary information press the “+” icon below the Text field.
- Search WhatsApp and then choose to “Send Message Through WhatsApp” from the dropdown list, and select the person you want to send the message to.
Your scheduled message is ready to send at your required time now. You can use this feature as per your requirement similarly.
These are all the recommended methods of scheduling WhatsApp messages, this feature is especially helpful for businesses using WhatsApp business API. WhatsApp business API is a service offered by many service providers and one of them is mTalkz, they provide their service at attractive rates. Visit their official website Mobility services for more information.