A high representative in Europe Huawei Tuesday called on Europeans not to sit idly by the attacks of the US administration which the Chinese telecommunications giant says “victim”.
After Huawei’s placement on Donald Trump‘s blacklist that led Google to gradually give up its cooperation with the Chinese company, Abraham Liu, the main representative of this firm to the EU, pleaded his case with the Europeans, during a meeting with journalists in Brussels.
“It’s not just an attack on Huawei. It is an attack on the liberal order based on rules. It’s dangerous, “he said of the US offensive. “Now it’s coming to Huawei. Tomorrow, this can happen to any other international company, “he added.
And to challenge Europeans: “Can we turn a blind eye to such behavior? If we close our eyes, what are the likely consequences of such complacency? He said.
Meanwhile, Abraham Liu promised that Huawei would do more to dispel the concerns of Europeans about the alleged risks of espionage on the part of the Chinese company. “At Huawei, we understand the security concerns of European governments and we are ready to do more,” he said.
Google cuts bridges
” Because of the importance of 5G , as a leader in the sector, Huawei is ready to sign non-espionage agreements with governments and customers in all EU Member States,” he said. he rocks.
In a context of trade war and technological rivalry between Beijing and Washington, President Donald Trump decided last week to ban exports of US technology products to certain companies deemed “at risk” for national security.
The Google giant, whose Android system equips the vast majority of smartphones in the world, announced on Sunday that he was going to have to cut the bridges with Huawei because of this decision.