Protect Yourself from Scammers: Recognizing and Avoiding Phony Calls from 0120991013, 0120995553, 0120988315, 0120989393, 0120935978, 0474193809, 0525591119, 0120633439, 08005003225, 0570783890, 0120692173, 0120926348, 0120964107, 0486378324, 0120835733, 0120397862, 0120150262, 0120702091, 0120 907 636, 03 5050 1072, 0120702091 in Japan
In recent times, scams have become a global issue, and unfortunately, Japan is not immune to it. One such scam that has become common is the phony calls from 0120991013. These calls are made to unsuspecting victims in Japan, and it’s important to beware of them to avoid falling prey to scammers.
The scam works like this: the scammers call their target, claiming to be representatives from a legitimate company, such as a bank or a government agency. They then proceed to ask for personal information, such as bank account details, social security numbers, or other sensitive data. They may even ask for payments or request that the victim purchase gift cards or send money through wire transfers.
It’s important to note that these calls are not legitimate, and the scammers are only trying to trick victims into divulging sensitive information or money. The phone number used for these calls, 0120991013, is not associated with any legitimate organization, but rather a VOIP number that is difficult to trace.
To avoid falling prey to this scam, it’s important to be vigilant and cautious when receiving calls from unknown numbers. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Never give out personal information over the phone. Legitimate companies will not ask for sensitive information over the phone.
- Hang up the phone immediately if the caller asks for payments or requests that you purchase gift cards or send money through wire transfers. These are common tactics used by scammers.
- Do not call the number back. This could lead to more scam calls and could also confirm to the scammers that they have reached a valid phone number.
- Block the phone number to prevent further calls from the same number.
- Report the scam to the relevant authorities. You can contact your local police station or the Consumer Affairs Agency in Japan.
In conclusion, scams are a serious issue in Japan and worldwide, and it’s essential to remain vigilant and cautious when receiving calls from unknown numbers. Remember, if a call seems too good to be true or if the caller is asking for personal information or money, it’s likely a scam. Hang up the phone and report the call to the relevant authorities to help prevent others from falling prey to the same scam.
Thanks for reading from Storify News as a news publishing website from India. You are free to share this story via the various social media platforms and follow us on on; Facebook, Twitter, Google News, Google, Pinterest etc.
Scam Alert: Beware of Phone Calls from 0120991013 in Japan
Beware of Spam Calls from 18885776012 in Canada
Warning: 0289952272, +393511126529 in Italy is a Potential Source of Spam Calls