It is quite often that Outlook users have to deal with different challenges when it comes to any kind of corruptions. Hence, backing up your Outlook data file is the best option, when it is configured with IMAP. Yes, it is nothing but OST file! Do you want to know the process to how to backup OST file in Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019? Are you not familiar with the procedure to backup OST file? If yes, then do not worry! This is the blog exclusively for all the users who are desperately looking for the solution to export OST file to PST Outlook.
We all are aware that Outlook is the one of the widely used email application because of its advanced security and data management options. When Microsoft Outlook is configured with an IMAP mailing server, it creates a local replica of the data item, which resides on the server. This local copy is nothing but OST(Offline Storage file). This OST file allows users for an uninterrupted working process, even if the system’s connection with the mailing server is disturbed. As it plays an important role in the field of email communication. Hence, to avoid dealing with technical dubieties on the Offline OST, it is backup OST file to PST
What are the Foremost Reasons to Backup OST File in Outlook?
Before going to the solution to backup OST file, let’s discuss the major reasons to export the OST file.
- OST file can corrupt due to poor power outrage while working on it.
- OST file is prone to corruption due to any human failures.
- An intrusion of any malicious software or virus can damage the OST. So to avoid data loss situations there is a need to know how to backup an outlook OST file.
- While synchronizing the OST file with the server, any failure in network connections like cables, routers, hubs can corrupt the OST file
- If the OST file is stored on the hard disk having bad sectors, then data which is read can be incorrect or full of errors.
Why There is a Need to Export OST File in Outlook?
After knowing the various possibilities in which the OST file can corrupt. We understand that any technical defect or fault will badly reign your world! In addition to that, ScanPST.exe utility, which is the inbuilt utility by Microsoft can repair only low-level or minor corruptions. Therefore, it is important to backup OST file in Outlook, so that even if any glitches occur in future, you can relax now as you have the backup of the OST file.
Know How to Backup OST File in Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 Easily?
In order to backup OST file in Outlook, you need to convert the OST file to PST format. Later import the PST file in Outlook, which is the safe backup process.
Step 1: Convert Offline OST to PST Format
Now, to convert OST to PST format, it is the best option to opt an advanced utility i.e., SysTools OST to PST Converter tool. It is a feature-rich tool, which has the ability to backup exchange OST file to PST format. It is capable enough to convert all the data items like emails, contacts, etc from OST file to Outlook PST. It also has the ability to decrypt S/MIME and OpenPGP encryption from the OST emails. The best part of the tool is that it is compatible with all Outlook versions.
Easy Steps to Convert OST to PST via Tool
- Launch the software and click on Add File to convert Offline OST to PST.
- The tool generates a free preview of the OST file contents on the software interface.
- After that, select the export type as PST to export into PST format to backup OST file in Outlook.
- Click the Browse button and provide the destination location to save the PST file.
- Finally, click on Export to start converting the files from OST to PST format.
Step 2: Import PST file to Microsoft Outlook
- Launch Outlook and select File menu>> Open & Export>> Import/Export to backup OST file in Outlook.
- From Import and Export wizard, choose Import from another program or file and click Next
- From Import a File wizard, select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click the Next button to backup OST in Outlook.
- Under Import Outlook Data File window, click the Browse button to select the PST file and click Next.
- After that, select the required option from the given list and click the Next followed by Finish button.
- With this approach, the Outlook PST file is converted from OST file, which is successfully imported to Outlook application to backup OST file in Outlook.
An Offline OST file is liable to various corruptions that are clearly described in this blog, hence it is recommended to How backup OST file in Outlook 2010/ 2013/ 2016 / 2019. One can try the effective and most trusted professional tool to convert OST file to PST format using OST to PST converter tool. Once the file is converted to PST, import the same to Microsoft Outlook. By following this workaround, a user can backup OST file in Outlook in a hassle-free way. Read More News at Storify News