Why Joe Biden Might Drop His Vice President? In the United States, the Vice President is the second highest-ranking official in the country and serves as the President’s right-hand person. However, there has been speculation about whether President Joe Biden might drop his Vice President, Kamala Harris, from the ticket in the 2024 presidential election. While there are several reasons why he might consider doing so, there are also compelling reasons why he should keep her as his running mate.
Reasons Why Biden Might Drop Harris
- Harris’ Approval Ratings: Since taking office, Kamala Harris has faced criticism over her performance as Vice President. Her approval ratings have fallen below 50%, and some Democrats are concerned that she may not be able to help Biden win re-election in 2024.
- Midterm Elections: The 2022 midterm elections will be a crucial test for the Democratic Party. If they lose control of the House or Senate, it could hurt Biden’s chances of winning re-election in 2024. Some Democrats believe that dropping Harris from the ticket could help Biden appeal to a broader base of voters and increase the party’s chances of success in the midterms.
- Harris’ Experience: While Harris has an impressive resume, some Democrats are concerned that she lacks the experience needed to be an effective Vice President. They worry that her previous role as California’s Attorney General and her short tenure in the Senate may not have adequately prepared her for the demands of the office.
Reasons Why Biden Shouldn’t Drop Harris
- Historic First: Kamala Harris is the first woman, African American, and South Asian Vice President in American history. Dropping her from the ticket would be a significant step back for representation and diversity in American politics.
- Unity: Joe Biden ran on a platform of unity and bringing the country together. Dropping Harris could be seen as a betrayal of this promise, especially among African American and women voters who supported the Biden-Harris ticket in record numbers.
- Loyalty: Kamala Harris was a loyal running mate to Joe Biden throughout the 2020 presidential campaign. Dropping her from the ticket could damage Biden’s reputation and hurt his chances of attracting future running mates.
In conclusion, while there are several reasons why Joe Biden might consider dropping Kamala Harris as his Vice President in the 2024 presidential election, there are also compelling reasons why he should keep her on the ticket.
Ultimately, the decision will depend on a variety of factors, including Harris’ performance as Vice President over the next few years, the outcome of the 2022 midterms, and Biden’s own political calculations. Regardless of what happens, the decision will have significant implications for the future of American politics and representation at the highest levels of government.
Thanks for reading from Storify News as a news publishing website from India. You are free to share this story via the various social media platforms and follow us on on; Facebook, Twitter, Google News, Google, Pinterest etc.