Welcome to The Storify News Times! Founded and led by Erric Ravi, Storify News is a World News, politics, Entertainment, business, opinion, Technology, science, history and multi platform news website. Our contributor community is an essential part of Storify’s mission. Here’s a easy guide to becoming a Storify News contributor in 3 steps!
If you don’t already have a Storify News account:
- Go to Storify Login
- Click the “Register” option below the sign in form. Enter your email address and set your password. There is no need to verify your mail, you will automatically registered after submitting the information.
- Before you start writing/publishing or sharing your news, articles and stories, you’ll be prompted to fill in a profile, including your name, a short good bio and your profile pic. Additionally, you can add your facebook, Twitter and Instagram user names, as well as a web page to a personal website, your author page or anywhere else you’d like.
Building your Post:
1. To post a new article or news, click the “NEW” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page and also this option is available on top bar. In simple click on “new post”
2. Now you’re on your news page. This is where you’ll add text, photos, videos, links and more. Your article must have a featured image to be submitted. To add your featured image, click “choose file” and choose an image file to use.
— If you want to add more images to your story, press “enter” in the body of the text where you’d like to add an image. A “+” button will appear on the left-hand side of the page. If you click this button you can add a photo by selecting the camera icon, or a video by clicking the arrow button. To embed video, copy the entire URL from a source (like YouTube or Vimeo), paste it into the field and press enter.
— If you want to change a font, highlight the section you want to change and the following options will appear:
B = Bold
I = Italic
H2 = header
H3 = smaller header
“ = quote
If you’d like to add a hyperlink, highlight the word or words you’d like to link from, choose and paste the link to the following icon:
4. Save your work by pressing the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the story toolkit or at the top of the page. Make sure to save your changes before you leave the page.
Here’s a checklist of everything your article needs before you can submit it:
–A Unique title.
–A subtitle. Your subtitle is as necessary as your headline! We cannot publish or promote your post without it.
–A featured image.
–You should add at least one tag in the story toolkit.
–Make sure to save your changes by clicking the “save” button at the bottom of the story toolkit or at the top of the page.
–Take a close read at our editorial guidelines and make sure your article meets our editorial standards.
You’re ready to go!
Once you’ve followed all these steps, press the “Save Changes” button, and then submit the article for review by pressing “Actions” dropdown at the top left of the page. Then, click “Submit For Review.” If your article is missing any of the items on the above checklist, you won’t be able to get your live article.
When you submit to Storify News you are acknowledging that you have read and agreed to our terms.
Storify’s editorial team will review and publish your piece. You will be notified with an email.
That’s it! You’re now an official Storify News contributor!